Athens Bicycle Club formed in 1971. Over the years, ABC members have been instrumental leaders in the many developments that make Southeastern Ohio a great place for bicycling.
Would you like to get involved with fellow community members who also enjoy cycling? ABC activities include:
- Offering opportunities to network with other cyclists via club meetings, electronic communications, events and rides.
- Organizing and promoting cycling through events including group rides, traditionally we have organized the annual Tour of the Hocking, Tour of Zaleski, and the Race to the Hills Mountain Bike Race, along with Sunday mountain bike rides at Lake Hope State Park and weekday evening group rides in and around Athens.
- Participating in various committees and task forces focused on cycling on city streets, county roads, and on public lands.
- Advocating for access to off-road trails by developing relationships with land managers, other trail users, and related organizations.
- Planning, constructing and maintaining mountain bike trails at Strouds Run State Park and Lake Hope State Park.
We are proud to live in a place that is wonderful for biking. Please consider joining ABC and becoming part of a group of local cyclists who are known for rolling up their sleeves and making things happen. In addition to supporting the types of activities and advocacy described above, club dues help pay for club insurance, the purchase and maintenance of trail-building tools, and special projects including the Southeast Ohio Bicycle Map.
Join Athens Bicycle Club
Although ABC originated as a road club and offers a regular schedule of road cycling activities, the club is a chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association. Our membership dues go through the national organization. To join ABC, use this link to select Athens Bicycle Club as your local chapter: link to join Athens Bicycle Club
As part of its spring membership drive, IMBA is giving away a variety of prizes through June 30. Join or donate before then for a chance at these prizes.