Athens Bicycle Club formed in 1971. Over the years, ABC members have been instrumental leaders in the many developments that make Southeastern Ohio a great place for bicycling.
ABC activities include:
- Meeting other cyclists at club meetings, events, and group rides.
- Organizing and promoting cycling through events
- Participating in club committees and task forces focused on cycling on city streets, county roads, and on public lands.
- Advocating for access to off-road trails by developing relationships with land managers, other trail users, and related organizations.
- Planning, constructing and maintaining mountain bike trails in the region